Dates and time
Saturdays, 10 - 11:30 a.m.
September 21 to December 14 (12 weeks)
(no group week of Thanksgiving)
- Full fee: $600. Payments can be made in monthly installments of $200.
- $25 for materials.
This group is now closed. If you have any questions or would like more information about this group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the online registration form.
- Make a payment. After you receive confirmation to attend the group, secure your spot with your payment. Only after you submit your payment will you be officially registered for the group.
Emotional eating is the feeling that you are out of control when you are around certain foods, and the sense that you are using food for something other than sustenance and nourishment. Do your eating patterns cause you to struggle with negative emotional and physical consequences? Do you find yourself eating secretively, hoarding food, binging or having obsessive thoughts about food, your diet or your body?
This counseling group will explore the emotional aspect of eating and address root issues and behaviors to cope with deep-seated needs that cause compulsive eating. It will also look at food, eating and body image through the spiritual lens of Christ, who as Creator affirms the goodness of physical bodies and of food, and also became fully human to become our ultimate source of sustenance and nourishment.
This group aims to help participants:
- Understand and explore the connection between emotional and physical hunger.
- Learn techniques to cope and be mindful of emotions and eating choices.
- Address the biological roots of food issues.
- Create a plan of health for your body and lifestyle.
- Foster dependence on Christ as the ultimate source of nourishment.