Empowering Your Asian American Voice
Due to COVID-19, this group will be held remotely.
Dates and time
- Thursday evenings, beginning Sept. 30, 2021
- 7:30 - 9 p.m.
- 7 sessions
- Last Session November 11, 2021
If you are interested in this fall 2021 renewal group, please fill out this form.
- Full fee: $350. Payments made weekly at $50.
- One time in-take fee: $35 for a 25-minute session.
- Income-based scholarships are available for those who are working with
an individual counselor. Priority is given to Redeemer Counseling
clients. Funds are limited. Scholarships need to be finalized before the
first payment. For more details, contact [email protected].
The primary goal of the group is to process our identity as Asian Americans. Within the group counseling setting, we will examine our experience growing up in America, our family history, our immigration experience (for those who were not born here or did not grow up here), our experience at school and at work, and how racialized trauma affects us throughout. We hope that validation by other group members will strengthen our voice and desire for change. Participants can share their stories, gain empowering tools and information on their identity in Christ and, as an Asian American, and draw from community support.
This group also aims to provide participants with:
- A better understanding of racialized trauma.
- The ability to grieve as well as to celebrate within a safe and professional setting.
- Deeper dependence on God
- Tools to empower your Asian American voice.
- A place to process your family history and identity
Facilitator: Charlene Wang