Welcome to Redeemer Counseling Services. Each counselor sees clients between one and five days a week. Because of our counselors’ capacity and to maintain Redeemer Counseling's quality of care, we can only serve a limited number of new and returning clients. Check this site on Fridays for updated availability.
We Have Openings For:
Individuals During Weekdays, 9 AM - 4 PM, Learn More
Dating/Premarital - Limited Openings* Learn More
Group Counseling Learn More or Get Started
We Currently Do Not Have Openings For:
- Marriage Counseling
- Adolescents (minors)
- Individual Counseling during early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays
- With our Clinical Supervisors
If you are looking for psychiatry and medical management, please click here.
*Since our openings are changing frequently, there is a chance we may be full, as these openings are limited. Please see FAQ.
Updated Oct 15, 2021
We also have a referral list, although we are aware that demand for mental health care is growing and other practices may also have limited availability.
Redeemer Counseling Services is looking to hire a marriage and family therapist. If you are looking to join the Redeemer Counseling team or to refer a counselor who may be interested, Learn More.
Q: Can you give me all the openings for a specific counselor or all your openings at RCS so I can pick?
A: We do our best to service clients well, and with openings changing regularly, we do not give availability for specific counselors or all openings at RCS.
Q: Do you have a waitlist?
A: No, we do not. Openings change too frequently and our pairing system is based on clients' needs, so check back on this page regularly for our availability.
Q: Do you take insurance?
A: We are not able to accept any type of health insurance. However, we can provide a letter of receipt that you can submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. Because insurance plans vary, please first check with your insurance provider to see if you have out-of-network benefits and whether you will qualify for reimbursement.
Insurance letters can only be given if your account is current and paid in full. Please talk to your counselor about receiving a letter.
Adult Intake Form
Redeemer Counseling Services is experiencing high demand and has limited openings for clients residing in New York State, and, on a temporary basis, for clients residing in New Jersey due to licensing requirements. During COVID-19, most sessions are remote.
Following are the steps to get started with counseling:
- Check Availability.
- Click on the Client Portal. Add your name, your email and a password to create an account.
- Complete and save the client Demographic Data.
- Click the green button: Complete Intake Forms (time estimate is 20 minutes). Sign and submit all the intake forms.
- Please note: Intake forms timeout in 1 week's time, and the account is deactivated. Users can reach out to [email protected] to have their account reactivated at any time.
- When your intake form is complete, the Services Coordinator will contact you with next steps.
For assistance, reach out to our Intake Coordinator by email or phone:
- [email protected]
- 212-370-0475 x0
From the time the intake form is submitted, it generally takes a week to be matched to start scheduling with a counselor.
Each counselor sees clients between one and five days a week. Because of our counselors’ capacity as well as to maintain Redeemer Counseling's quality of care, we can only serve a limited number of new and returning clients.
- Check Availability.
- Contact the Services Coordinator to send you the intake and consent forms for minors and/or families
- Complete the intake form(s).
- Once the intake form(s) are submitted, the Services Coordinator will contact you about scheduling and fees.
Please note: it takes around one week to schedule the first session once the intake forms are submitted.
Required forms for Minors
- Minor Intake Form
- Consent for the Treatment of Minors