Women: Sexual Abuse and Healing
Dates and time
Tuesdays, 7:30 - 9 p.m.
September 18 to December 11 (12 weeks)
- Participants are required to also be in individual therapy.
- The full fee for 12 weeks is $600. Payments can be made in monthly installments of $200.
- $25 for materials.
- Income-based scholarships are available for those who are working with an individual counselor, and priority is given to RCS clients. Funds are limited. Scholarships need to be finalized before the first payment. For more details, contact email@example.com.
This group is currently full. If you would like to be put on the wait list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three steps for the registration process:
- Submit the online registration form.
- Schedule a one-time intake session with the group counselor. Email email@example.com to make an appointment. The intake session is set at our lowest fee of $65. If you are already meeting with an RCS counselor an intake may not be required. Instead, please ask your counselor to submit a therapist referral form to the Services Coordinator.
- Make a payment. After you receive confirmation to attend the group, secure your spot with your payment. Only after you submit your payment will you be officially registered for the group.
This Renewal Group is for any woman who wishes to explore the effects of sexual abuse as a child or adolescent. It is designed to help those struggling to cope with life in the present, because the pain and hurt from their past abuse is still with them.
The group will use the book and accompanying workbook, The Wounded Heart, written by Dr. Dan Allender, a top expert in the field. The book and workbook combine biblical and clinical insights and skills. It will address many topics, such as understanding the nature of childhood sexual abuse and trauma, family of origin dynamics, and how abuse damages the body, emotions, thinking, relationships and spirit. It will also discuss what healing looks like in all those areas.
The group counselor will help participants put the material and principles into practice and will facilitate a time of sharing and discussion so that group members will be encouraged and challenged to grow. Most of all, this Renewal Group will highlight ways that the recovery process can be more deeply Christ-centered and gospel-driven.
Who is this group for?
This group can be beneficial for a wide spectrum of women. Some women may have only experienced one incident of abuse while others experienced it over many years. Some women have not experienced tangible negative effects over their adult years while some continue to live with the devastating after-effects since their abuse occurred. Whatever the case, we welcome all those who seek to examine how their abuse experience has shaped their perspective on themselves, others and God. Our hope is that as a result of journeying together, we will all learn to live in greater freedom.