Boundaries in Relationships
Dates and time
February 22 to May 10 (12 weeks)
Thursdays, 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- The full fee for 12 weeks is $420. Payments can be made in monthly installments of $140.
- $25 materials fee.
- Income-based scholarships are available for those who are working with an individual counselor, and priority is given to RCS clients. Funds are limited. Scholarships need to be finalized before the first payment. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three steps for the registration process:
- Submit the online registration form.
- Make a payment. Secure your spot with your payment. Only after you submit your payment will you be officially registered for the group.
One of the most serious problems facing Christians today is confusion about boundaries. Many sincere, dedicated believers struggle with tremendous confusion about when it is biblically appropriate to set limits. When confronted with their lack of boundaries, they raise good questions:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy or money?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
- How do boundaries relate to submission?
- Aren’t boundaries selfish?
- Why is it difficult for me to hear no from other people?
- Why do I tend to want to control other people when I don’t get what I want?
Just as homeowners set physical property lines around their land, we need to set mental, physical, emotional and spiritual boundaries for our lives to help us distinguish what is our responsibility and what is not. The inability to set appropriate boundaries at the appropriate times with the appropriate people can be very destructive.
Misinformation about what the Bible says about boundaries can also be destructive. To counter such wrong thinking, this Renewal Group and the accompanying text, present a biblical view of boundaries. Our goal is to help you use biblical boundaries appropriately to achieve the relationships and purposes that God intends for you as you grow in him.