The online program will be held two times a month in the evening from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. (EST). This version of the program is beneficial for those that cannot attend sessions during the day or for those that prefer the flexibility of the online format. The online program is also open to those who live outside the NYC area and can commit to the scheduled times.
The Fellows cohort will meet online twice a month from September to May. The sessions will focus on discussion and skills practice with professional counselors. These sessions will build off of the prerequisite teaching videos each fellow will be required to view before the session.
Other online preparation, such as reading, videos and bible studies, and a 1-page reflection paper after each session.
Participants will be engaged in counseling throughout the program and will complete a case study and a self-counseling project. This part of the program will require each fellow to do deep personal and emotional processing.
Approximately 12 Fellows will be selected for each cohort.
$3,000 for two learning sessions per month for 9 months, totaling 18 sessions.
Other Questions & Application Process
What are the dates for the online sessions?
The sessions will be held two times a month on every first and third Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (EST). *Please notice the exceptions: September dates will meet two weeks in a row. November/December dates: there will be three sessions in November and one in December.
- *September 14, 2021
- *September 21, 2021
- October 5, 2021
- October 19, 2021
- November 2, 2021
- November 16, 2021
- *November 30, 2021
- *December 14, 2021
- January 4, 2022
- January 18, 2022
- February 1, 2022
- February 15, 2022
- March 1, 2022
- March 15, 2022
- April 5, 2022
- April 19, 2022
- May 3, 2022
- May 17, 2022
What else is expected of participants?
Before you proceed with the application process, please review the expectations below to determine whether the program is right for you.
- You will commit to the full 9-month Fellows Program and will attend each of the fellows sessions in their entirety two times a month. Regular attendance impacts the dynamics of the cohort and is essential to learning the counseling theories and skills that build on each other. Repeated absences from these sessions will be grounds for dismissal from the program even if you give advance notice that you will be absent. Please plan ahead to avoid conflicts with the dates provided.
- You will complete all of the assigned reading and teaching videos before arriving at each session.
- You will also write a reflection paper after each session and will be required to submit a counseling project by the end of the program. This portion of the program will require each fellow to do deep personal and emotional processing.
Tell me about the application process.
Here are the steps to the application process:
- Complete the Counseling Fellows Program application to tell us more about your background and the counseling needs you face as a pastor. The application deadline is June 14.
- RCS will communicate the admission decision and next steps.
- A $300 deposit to register and hold your spot in the program.
- The $2,700 balance will be due by August 20.
Once the current cohort is full, we will consider applications for the next year's program.
If you still have questions after reading the program description in its entirety, please send us an email at [email protected]