The in-person cohort allows participants to connect on a personal level that enhances the overall group experience. Feedback from past in-person cohorts has shown that being in the same space makes practicing counseling skills more effective.
The Fellows cohort will meet in person monthly from September to May. The sessions will include seminars, discussion and skills practice with professional counselors.
Online preparation, such as reading, videos and bible studies, and a 1-page reflection paper after each session.
Participants will be engaged in counseling throughout the program and will complete a case study and a self-counseling project. This part of the program will require each fellow to do deep personal and emotional processing.
*Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some sessions of the program might have to be done remotely online.
Approximately 12 Fellows will be selected for each cohort.
$3,000 for the 9 monthly learning sessions, lunch included.
Other Questions & Application Process
What are the dates for the monthly in-person sessions?
The monthly sessions will be held on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (EST).
- September 23, 2021
- October 21, 2021
- December 2, 2021
- January 76 2022
- January 27, 2022
- February 17, 2022
- March 24, 2022
- April 21, 2022
- May 19, 2022
*Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some sessions might have to be done remotely online, but the program learning is designed to be done in-person when possible.
What else is expected of participants?
Before you proceed with the application process, please review the expectations below to determine whether the program is right for you.
- You will commit to the full 9-month Fellows Program and will attend each of the monthly Fellows sessions in their entirety. Regular attendance impacts the dynamics of the cohort and is essential to learning the counseling theories and skills that build on each other. Repeated absences from these sessions will be grounds for dismissal from the program even if you give advance notice that you will be absent. Please plan ahead to avoid conflicts with the dates provided.
- You will complete all of the assigned reading and videos before arriving at each session.
- You will also write a reflection paper after each session and will be required to submit a counseling project by the end of the program. This portion of the program will require each fellow to do deep personal and emotional processing.
Tell me about the application process.
Here are the steps to the application process:
- Complete the Counseling Fellows Program application to tell us more about your background and the counseling needs you face as a pastor. The application deadline is June 14.
- RCS will communicate the admission decision and next steps.
- A $300 deposit to register and hold your spot in the program.
- The $2,700 balance will be due by August 20.
Once the current cohort is full, we will consider applications for the next year's program.
If you still have questions after reading the program description in its entirety, please send us an email at [email protected]