Dates and time
February 21 to April 25 (10 weeks)
Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- The full fee for 10 weeks is $500. Payments can be made in monthly installments of $200; the last month's installment is $100.
- $15 for materials.
- Income-based scholarships are available for those who are working with an individual counselor, and priority is given to RCS clients. Funds are limited. Scholarships need to be finalized before the first payment. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following are the steps for the registration process:
- Submit the online registration form.
- If you are already meeting with an RCS counselor, please ask your counselor to submit a therapist referral form to the Renewal Group staff.
- Make a payment. After you receive confirmation to attend the group, secure your spot with your payment. Only after you submit your payment will you be officially registered for the group.
This Renewal Group is for those who have experienced the death of a loved one. The opportunity to process grief with others on a similar journey can be incredibly valuable for long-term healing. It will offer a context for individuals to process their loss through a compassionate, biblical lens and to receive support in a Christian community. Through personal exercises, group sharing and interactions, participants will walk through core themes in grief recovery with the guidance of a counselor. The recovery themes include the following:
- Telling your story of loss.
- Being honest with yourself and God about the pain of loss.
- Understanding the emotions of loss and God’s resources.
- Exploring again the relationship with your loved one.
- Exploring suffering and hope.
- Celebrating your work as you remember your loved one.
The desire is for participants to walk through and emerge from their grief as persons of deeper emotional and spiritual maturity, who are able to help others in their grieving and to continue learning how to put their hope and trust in God’s comfort and grace.
Who is this group for?
This group is suited for men and women who have experienced the death of a loved one, including the loss of a child, spouse, parent or another family member or friend. It is also open for individuals in different phases of grief recovery, from those at the beginning of the grieving process to those who are revisiting the grieving and healing process after some time.
Curriculum and requirements
This group will use a set of materials organized and developed by the group counselor. It will draw from a variety of sources, both biblical and counseling resources. Group members will be required to spend about one hour per week in homework exercises and journaling.